45P Nature Aquarium Mountain Aquascape

Démarré par Nigel, 21 10 18, 13:12 PM

Nigel

Citation de: fishu le 14 03 19, 19:00 PM
Hi Nigel , nice growth and video!

I'm running 5 Kh in my tanks but I've soft tap water.

Rotundifolia needs a lot of light to get orange, mine is light orange and can't get more because my light is only medium on my 60p (twinstar ES600).

Anyway I like it that way, I find that red plants in an aquascape are often looking not so natural...

Cheers!

Very nice I think KH 5 is perfect.

Agree plants don't need to be to red. However in this Brazilian style tank I need a little bit more color. Orange will be perfect to have some contrast and uplifting ambiance.

Buul

Hello!

Nice trim :up:
In my tank, the KH is between 1 and 3 ; 100% RO water and it works well.

Bonjour!

Belle taille :up:
Dans mon bac, le KH est entre 1 et 3 ; 100% d'eau osmosée et ça fonctionne bien.

fishu

Citation de: Nigel le 14 03 19, 13:22 PM
It was time to trim some pearlweed. This aquascape is currently 130 days old and adapting to softer water as I recently switched to RO water. My tap water is hard (kh 10+) and with seiryu (limestone) rocks the kh raises a lot. So far the plants seem to respond positive to the softer water. I am aiming for around 6-8 kh now. What KH do you run in your aquascape? It seems I couldn't get away with lean dosing with a kh of ~13,5. Since yesterday I am trying 3,5 ppm NO3 a week in this tank to see if I can boost some color in Rotala Rotundifolia without stunting other plants.

Hi Nigel , nice growth and video!

I'm running 5 Kh in my tanks but I've soft tap water.

Rotundifolia needs a lot of light to get orange, mine is light orange and can't get more because my light is only medium on my 60p (twinstar ES600).

Anyway I like it that way, I find that red plants in an aquascape are often looking not so natural...

Cheers!

Nigel

It was time to trim some pearlweed. This aquascape is currently 130 days old and adapting to softer water as I recently switched to RO water. My tap water is hard (kh 10+) and with seiryu (limestone) rocks the kh raises a lot. So far the plants seem to respond positive to the softer water. I am aiming for around 6-8 kh now. What KH do you run in your aquascape? It seems I couldn't get away with lean dosing with a kh of ~13,5. Since yesterday I am trying 3,5 ppm NO3 a week in this tank to see if I can boost some color in Rotala Rotundifolia without stunting other plants.

Lionel.Adam

Nigel

New project in the ADA 45P Cube Garden.

A brazilian mountain layout try.. this hardscape really need plants to look better. Sides, middle and background will be planted with mostly stem plants. Some color as well.

Please subscribe to my youtube channel
www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping

Tank
ADA 45P Cube Garden

Hardscape
Mini landscape rock

LED
Twinstar 450 ES

Filter
Eheim classic 150

Plants
Stems